A Stat is any of certain numerical values pertaining to each Genopet. Stats will be used in Step Battles and Pet Battles. Stats can be modified through the equipping of certain Augments with stat-modifying effects.
The core stats that every Genopet has:
- Health Points (HP) - Maximum possible health of Genopet in Battle. Determines how much damage a Genopet can sustain before losing the Battle.
- Attack (ATK) - Used to calculate the Stat Bonus for Fitness Challenges. In Battle, this stat modifies things like probability of dealing damage in addition to the move’s stats.
- Defense (DEF) - Used to calculate the Stat Bonus for Fitness Challenges. In Battle, this stat modifies things like how resistant a Genopet is to attacks.
- Speed (SPD) - Used to calculate the Stat Bonus for Fitness Challenges. In Battle, modifies whether or not a pet avoids an attack, and eventually could impact movement-based features, such as the gyroscopic "Block" microgame.
In addition to the core stats above, every Genopet will be able to increase the following stats:
- Bond - Measure of how well a player has been nurturing and caring for their Genopet. This stat will bring benefits and unlock certain options in Battle.
- Karma - Will be acquirable through a number of ways. Influences the player's likelihood of receiving better outcomes in randomized drops.
Stat Value is the sum of Attack, Defense, and Speed. It is a measurement of the Genopet’s strength in Battle and other competitive activities.
Some Augments will provide a modifier to stat values when equipped. An Augment must be equipped in order for its modifier to be in effect.
The modifier can be in the form of a percentage-based or absolute-based multiplier to the base stat, rounded up to the 1st decimal. Each Augment’s modifier is applied individually, even if multiple Augments have modifiers affecting the same stat.
Example: What is the attack value of a Level 25 Genopet equipped with a Horn Augment that provides a +5% Attack boost?
At Level 25, a Genopet has a base Attack of 44. The Horn Augment would provide an incremental boost of 2.2. This particular Genopet’s Attack Stat would be 46.2.
Example: What if in the case above the Genopet has an additional Antennae Augment, which provides a +15% Attack boost?
The Genopet would have an Attack Stat of 52.8. It would receive an incremental 2.2 boost from the Horn’s +5%, as well as an additional 6.6 boost from the Antennae’s +15% modifier, both which are incrementally added to the base stat of 44.